Placenta medicine – Perfectly made for you by you!
Many new mothers suffer from mood instability starting in the first week after giving birth. Dubbed the "baby blues", it is often dismissed as a normal part of birth recovery. Since the hormonal fluctuations at the root of the issue eventually regulate themselves, no treatment is given and women are left to cope on their own.
For thousands of years, the placenta has been considered a powerful medicine that can support a woman during her healing journey after birth – During pregnancy, its sacred responsibilities include providing nourishment to the baby, allowing the baby to breathe through her mama, secreting hormones that regulate and maintain pregnancy, and blocking any harmful substances from the baby.
After delivery, the placenta is full of essential feel-good hormones that can also heal, sustain and strengthen the mother during the postpartum period. Also, the placenta's hormonal make-up is completely unique to the mother thereby making it the perfect supplement to replace her lost hormones during the birthing process.
Our Placenta Encapsulation Services
Following the birth of your baby, I will pick up your placenta. I will then return to your home with your jar of placenta pills within 2-3 days. I will also provide clear instructions for consumption.
The encapsulation service includes 90-200 capsules as every placenta is unique in both its size and composition.
The placenta is prepared in the Traditional Chinese Medicine method by steaming, dehydrating, grinding into a powder, and then placing the powder into easily swallowed capsules. The capsules can be taken daily for a number of weeks.
Key Benefits of Placenta
Placenta encapsulation is the simplest, safest and most natural way to aid in postpartum wellness.
- Decrease in postpartum depression and baby blues
- Increased and enriched breast milk
- Increase in energy
- Combats fatigue
- Reduction of postpartum bleeding
- Decrease iron deficiency
- Decrease insomnia or sleep disorders
- Decrease postpartum “night sweats”
- Balance hormones
- Recover more quickly from childbirth
What is in the placenta that makes it such a powerful medicine?
- Oxytocin – known as the “love hormone”. Facilitates bonding between the mother and baby. Helps shrink the uterus back to its normal size
- Gamma globulin – immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII – stops bleeding and encourages healing
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
- Gonadotropin – the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
- Interferon – stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
- Cytokines – Fibroblasts that trigger cell metabolism healing and replacing damaged cells/tissue
- Cortisone – reduces stress and unlocks stores of energy
- Hemoglobin – replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
- Prostaglandins – anti-inflammatory
- Prolactin – promotes lactation
- Iron – essential for oxygen absorption in the cells
- Vitamins B6 – aids in the making of antibodies
- Vitamin E – for healing damaged skin cells